This morning I had the pleasure of delivering a lecture to the NATO Innovation Hub Social Media course participants. Sponsored by NATO Allied Command Transformation, the course aims to educate NATO and nations’ military and civilian personnel in the safe use of social media. If you are in the military – or have an interest in this area – you can apply to view the course video library at: Designing NATO Future Capabilities- Innovation Hub.
My lesson is the eighth in a series of crowd-sourced lectures from leading military and social media thinkers from around the world. The details of my lecture are:
Social Media Influence Activity
After this lesson you will understand what Influence Activity looks like on Social Media; and the crisis communications ramifications for military public affairs.
– Why the move to IA via Social Media
- The Dictators Dilemma: The role of Social Media in revolutions by William B. Snyderwine
- Lights – Camera – Jihad: Al-Shabbab’s Western Media Strategy by the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation
- Osama Bin Laden and Saladin – Two Great Parallels in Arab History by Nicole Matejic
- FITNA [WARNING graphic images and confronting content]